Font Size A A A
Perth and Kinross Community Watch Perth and Kinross Community Watch

Frequently Asked Questions

What personal information do you require?
When you register with Perth & Kinross Community Watch
, we need your name, your address and at least one means by which we can contact you (email, text or recorded message). We will also ask for other information which, although not essential, will help us better match the messages we send you to your interests.

Will you share my details with other agencies?
During the registration process and from your administration area you will have the opportunity to review and select additional licensed information providers who will, if authorised by you, be able to see your data and send you messages.  Although all the information providers listed may not be actively using the system at this time, you will be notified as they come on board.  You can remove any information provider at any time.

Will you send me spam?
No, the only communication we will have with you will be through Perth & Kinross Community Watch and will relate to crime prevention or community safety.

Can I cancel my subscription?
You can opt out of the entire system or update your settings to configure the types of messages that you want to receive and remove the ones you don’t want. E-mails from the new Perth & Kinross Community Watch system have a link at the bottom to ‘Change settings’; simply click on this link to review your settings and update them.

Why do you ask for my telephone and mobile number?
The new Perth & Kinross Community Watch system allows us to use telephone and text services, however, most of our communication will go out via email, so it is important you include an email address.  On some occasions, when we need to get information out to you urgently, we will use the telephone and text services. 

How will I know emails are from Perth & Kinross Community Watch?
All Perth & Kinross Community Watch messages are sent within the secure Neighbourhood Alert system and are clearly branded as being from Perth & Kinross Community Watch.  The person who sent the message will be clearly identified, along with the organisation they work for.  Only trained administrators will be permitted to send messages through the Perth & Kinross Community Watch system.

Can I reply to the email?
Yes, we welcome your comments and thoughts. Clicking on the ‘Reply’ link at the bottom of a message will send your reply to the person who sent the message.

Do you read the replies?
Yes, all replies will be read. Please be aware that sometimes we will not reply if it is simply information you want to pass to us for our attention. Even if you do not hear from us directly then please be assured that everything you send us will be actioned or reviewed.

Do others see my e-mail address?
No, other subscribers will not see any of your details, only the Information Providers you have selected will be able to see your details.

Can I forward or print out Perth & Kinross Community Watch messages and share it with friends, or is it confidential?
The messages are not confidential and we encourage you to introduce others to the scheme. We do advise that you remove any personal details you do not wish to share before forwarding.

Please encourage friends and family to sign up to Perth & Kinross Community Watch by directing them to this website.

Can I change my contact details if I move house or internet provider?
Yes, use the links at the bottom of the Perth & Kinross Community Watch e-mail, or visit your account details on the Perth & Kinross Community Watch website.

Does Perth & Kinross Community Watch cost me anything?
No, Perth & Kinross Community Watch is a free service, no charges or fees will be incurred.

Is this to replace Neighbourhood Watch?
No, this will not be replacing any Neighbourhood Watch schemes. We hope it will complement existing schemes and initiatives.  Perth & Kinross Community Watch is linked to the national Neighbourhood Watch Scotland Alert system and will improve the way in which Police, Fire & Rescue, Local Authorities and Watch schemes are able to communicate with you and support each other.

Can I report crime by email?

No, this system is not designed as a reporting mechanism for crime or any other incident. If you wish to report an incident, or provide information, always contact the relevant agency by their usual means.  To report crime, call 101.  In an emergency, use 999.

Can I use Perth & Kinross Community Watch in an emergency?
No, in an emergency you should always use 999. An emergency is where there is a risk of serious injury or serious damage to property, a crime is in progress or some other serious incident has occurred/ is occurring which requires the immediate attendance of emergency services. In all other cases, contact the appropriate service or agency using their routine contact methods.

Does this replace telephone calls?
No, if you need to speak to any of the agencies involved, please telephone them directly.
Buy SSL Certificate